COMMERCIAL ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SUCCESS STORY
Alpha‘s high-paced production needs place high demands on Wesgar to ensure success down the chain.
From the moment an order is triggered by Alpha, it requires a lead time of a maximum of three days, and additionally, because of space limitations at the destination, it requires up to three deliveries per day. All this is to meet the obligations Alpha has made to its customers. Additionally, there is a continuous need for competitive pricing with various quantity breaks and superior quality.
“Wesgar’s ability to handle the entire manufacturing process under one roof and for a wide range of products is a significant benefit that accelerates production timelines.”
—Purchasing Manager, Alpha Technologies Ltd.
- Accelerated prototype builds to meet tight deadlines
- Designed a dedicated fabrication line, including a high-volume robotic welding jig
- Introduced fabrication of bus bars and sheet metal products to improve production run times
- Level-loaded production to accommodate spikes in demand
- Introduced a Kanban program that reduced lead time to 2-3 days from order trigger and provided a three-hour lead time for up to three deliveries per day of up to 20 units per draw, which allowed Alpha to utilize space at its facility for production rather than storage
- Offered constant prices with various quantity breaks
- Delivered .002” tolerance machined rack mount holes, robot welded to Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) standards, and seismic-rated parts.
About Alpha Technologies
Alpha Technologies is an established leader in power solutions for the telecom, cable-broadband, traffic, security, industrial, and renewable energy industries.