John graduated from the University of British Columbia in 1958, spent 3 years working and traveling abroad before returning to Vancouver where he joined IBM in 1962. He became a shareholder of Wesgar in 1968 and in 1969 acquired full ownership from the founding shareholders. At that time he decided to concentrate the company’s resources on serving the emerging hi-tech sector, providing the foundation for our continued service to this vital industry. In addition to his involvement with Wesgar, John is active in the community, having founded a private foundation and providing advisory services to business.
Keith joined Wesgar in 2001 and brought with him over 25 years of senior financial and operational experience in industry. Immediately prior to joining Wesgar, Keith was Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of a major East Coast company with interests in regional airlines, seafood processing, ground transportation, and industrial and transportation equipment. Keith served five years with the now largest helicopter company in the world as its Chief Financial Officer. In addition he has spent 5 years with a major aviation repair and overhaul corporation in the positions of Vice President Finance, Vice President Business Operations, and President.
President and CEO
I like to provide my clients with relevant, reliable and timely information so that decisions can be made to improve company performance and value.
Was looking for a profession that had a defined set of rules and regulations which still allowed for professional recommendations and input to allow a company to succeed. Obtained A Bachelor of Applied Business Administration (Accounting & Information Technology Major) from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and my CGA designation in 2005.
Started my career as an accountant at a manufacturing company in Grand Forks, Boundary Electric 1985 Ltd (1 Year Contract) in 1997. Other employment, Summer of 1998 – Cost Accountant for the City of Penticton and 1998 – 2001 was a Cost Accountant at DSL Distribution Canada. Have been at Wesgar since 2001 (17 years) were I started as an intermediate accountant.
When I am not at work I can be found spending time with my family at our home in Coquitlam or in the Okanagan spending time at the beach and boating. I enjoy spending my idle time with my husband and 2 boys.
Grew up in the Southern Okanagan, Okanagan Falls, and moved to Vancouver in 1998 because I was looking for larger opportunities in business that were not available in the Okanagan.
Have been a volunteer for a local Scout Group, 1st Ranch Part, for 4 years as Treasurer.
I enjoy working in a team environment where everyone’s ideas are listened to and valued.
Customer Service manager
BCIT Mechanical Engineering grad in 1980
Started Wesgar in 1982, with stints in:
- Technical Sales
- Quality Management
- Operations Management
- Product Support/Continuous Improvement
- Born in Haney, BC, and have lived in the lower mainland all my life.
- I like food, cars, and sports.
- At work I enjoy solving technical problems and helping to implement new manufacturing technologies and methods.
Product Support Manager
has worked in the Precision sheet metal industry for 32 years. The last 25 years with Wesgar Inc.
- Upgraded Wesgar Inc. ISO certification to the new ISO-9001:2015 standard in May 2018
- Upgraded Wesgar Aerospace Inc. AS certification to the new AS-9100D standard in April 2018
- Internal auditor for ISO-9001 based quality system
- Internal auditor for AS-9100 based quality system
- Black Belt Certified in Lean Manufacturing specializing in root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problems
- Assists in the management of Wastewater treatment and controlled release to ensure Wesgar Inc. is compliant with regulatory standards
- Responsible for Wesgar Inc. Path to Perfection Management system (P2P)
- Working with BC Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training to guide / develop Wesgar Inc. as a world class supplier
- Skills include; FMEA and risk analysis, Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA), CpK analysis and Continuous process improvement
- Assists current and potential customers by:
- Providing alternatives to machined components made from hollow sheet metal in place of steel tubing for cost reduction of units
- Examining part designs and layouts, to help reduce welding by using complex or unorthodox forming techniques to reduce cost of parts
Product Support Manager
Here is a summary of my work experiences and accomplishment through out the years.
- Production team leader for Wesgar INC, responsible for scheduling, process.
- Manufacturing manager for Wesgar INC, responsible for Planning, scheduling, production process, throughput, production personnel.
- Product support manager for Wesgar INC, responsible for new product integrating, new manufacturing process, estimating.
Through those positions, I have obtained skills and training in
- Green belt in Lean manufacturing
- Internal Quality auditor for Wesgar Areospace AS9100D
- Spearhead in major continuous process improvement projects
- Production Planning and scheduling
- Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information
Besides that, I am also a good team player in an organization.