We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individuals to join our successful production team as a Welder.
Welders are responsible for welding various metals and sheet metal components using a variety of Tig and Mig welding machines and techniques. This is a fast-paced, team environment.
- Production welding of precision sheet metal parts as directed by the coordinator and perform tasks as per the department processes
- Precision welding of metal parts using Tig or Mig welding machines and techniques Set up and operate welding machines correctly
- Identify machine issues and either fix or report them
Qualifications + Experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- At least 1 year proven Tig and Mig welding experience, in a precision sheet metal environment is essential
- Previous experience in welding steel, aluminum and stainless steel
- Capable of Tig and Mig welding – 18 gauge
- Strong skills and knowledge of tolerances, measuring, use of equipment (calipers, tape measure)
- Good blueprint reading skills, able to follow instructions and mechanical drawings
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, employee recognition programs, and more.