CNC Machine Operator (3 Month contract – GYD shift)
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individuals to join our successful production team as a CNC Machine Operator
- Set up and operate CNC and manual machines, lathes, milling machines, drill presses and other equipment.
- Fabricate jigs and fixtures
- Program computerized equipment, make program edits as per requirements.
- Run and/or set up the CNC machines with the correct speed, feed.
- Identify issues with machining tools and equipment and either fix or report them.
- Thoroughly inspect parts and maintain quality (In-process Inspection Report)
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers to verify work.
- Meet deadlines, find solutions to fix problems
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE as required
- Qualifications + Experience*
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- A positive attitude and self motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Able to solve problems and make good decisions
- Punctual and reliable
- Machinist experience in a similar position.
- Machine shop experience in a precision sheet metal environment is an asset
Full time, temporary, graveyard shift (7pm – 3am)
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, employee recognition programs, and more.