An opportunity to join our growing team has become available, and we are currently seeking a Quality Inspector
- Perform first article inspection and final inspections – Some in-process inspections as required
- Measure the dimensions and features of manufactured sheet metal parts to ensure conformance to customer drawings
- Use of measuring equipment
- Identify quality issues and have them corrected by the appropriate work center
- Complete quality reports, data entry and other work center documentation
Qualifications + Experience
- Manufacturing production experience in the precision sheet metal fabrication industry is an advantage.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Able to correctly and accurately: measure parts using dial and digital calipers, measure angles using manual and digital protractors, use height gauges, tape measures and squares
- Very good written communication – send reports & information to internal customers
- Very good verbal communication – able to communicate effectively with internal customers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with measuring equipment is required
- Blueprint reading is required
- Good understanding of Windows-based computer systems
- Able to work without supervision and also as part of our inspection team
- Good time management, reliable and proactive
- Must be able to work either day & afternoon shift based on company’s needs
- Day shift (6 am to 2 pm) and Afternoon (2pm to 10pm)
- 38.75 hours per week.
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.