Work Centre Coordinador
As the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, Wesgar has a reputation for delivering an unparalleled service experience to every client.
At Wesgar, we believe our employees are the key component to producing quality products which in turn allows us to offer our customers with complete solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Work Centre Coordinator to plan, organize, provide supervision and oversight for the daily operations of the team. This role will work closely with the Production team & Production Manager to ensure high quality standards are adhered to whilst meeting the production schedule.
- Lead and supervise a team of production workers whilst maintaining a safe environment and high-quality products
- Plan and schedule the timely completion of jobs, maximize productivity and efficiently utilize resources, equipment and materials
- Assign, direct, review and monitor the work of the team to ensure jobs are completed on time, the required standards are met and compliance with standard operating procedures
- Provide technical assistance for the setting up and production
- Give daily direction on work activities, answer questions and provide advice to the production workers
- Daily reporting and tracking of jobs, together with monitoring the issue and ordering of materials
- Continuously review production methods, recommend and implement process improvements
Qualifications + Experience*
- Grade 12 minimum or equivalent
- At least 3+ years working in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Experience in metal fabrication will be considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Experience in using MS Office
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills & adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to cope with challenging situations and strict deadlines
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and evaluate staff
- Proficient at facilitating issue resolution and conflict management
- Work collaboratively with others to build consensus
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.