We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individual to join our successful production team as a welder helper.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic metal cleaning welding equipment, identify machine issues and either fix or report them
- Polish metal products to mirror finish
- Operate equipment safety according to their intended use
- Transport raw materials and finished metal products manually or using hoists or other devices
- Handle incoming and outgoing parts safety and with care to avoid damage or injury.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE as required
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
Qualifications + Experience*
- Good Mechanical Blueprint reading skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- A positive attitude and self motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Punctual and reliable
- High school
- 1 year’s experience in metal fabrication industry.
- Need have the particular PPE (mandatory)
- Good eye hand coordination
- Able to stand for extended period
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, employee recognition programs, and more.