TIG/MIG Welder Weekends
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individuals to join our successful production team as TIG/MIG Welder.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment set up and operate Welding Machines correctly, identify machine issues and either fix or report them
- Precision weld metal parts using MIG or TIG welding machines and techniques
- Operate equipment safely according to their intended use
- Handle incoming and outgoing parts safely and with care to avoid damage or injury.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE as required
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing, and soldering equipment
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications
Qualifications and experience:
- Good Mechanical Blueprint reading skills
- Ability to communicate in English
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- A positive attitude and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Punctual and reliable
- High school
- 1 year’s experience in metal fabrication industry
- Need to have the particular PPE (mandatory)
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Able to stand for an extended period
- Able to solve problems and make good decisions
Weekend shift Saturday & Sunday 6 am to 4 pm
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.