Punch Press Operator
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individuals to join our successful production team as Punch Press Operator.
- Production and prototype punching of parts as directed by the Supervisor
- Leading by example – ensuring that all safety, work instructions, first-off inspection, and in-process inspection procedures are always followed correctly
- Reviewing and maintaining the condition of tooling on a regular basis, and recommending replacement or upgrades if needed
- Working with the Product Support Team to develop manufacturing methods or work instructions for new products if needed
Qualifications + Experience*
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication
- Atleast 1 year experience setting up and operating a CNC Turret Punch Press
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understand of punching theory, tool selection criteria, metal characteristics, safety standards, and quality control
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to check and approve first articles correctly
- Team player, driven and committed to the success of the company
- Strong organization and communication skills
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, employee recognition programs, and more.