Press Brake Operator (Afternoon Shift)
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individual to join our successful production team as a Press Brake Operator.
- Production and prototype bending of parts as directed
- Follow work instructions and directions as per customer parts
- Perform simple to complex forming, rolling and step bending of metal parts
- Set up, operate and program a variety of small to large CNC press brake correctly, identify machine issues and either for or report them
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Operate equipment safety according to their intended use.
- Handle incoming and outgoing parts safety and with care to avoid damage or injury.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE as required.
Qualifications + Experience*
- High school
- Have over a year’s experience in metal fabrication.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- A positive attitude and self motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Punctual and reliable
- Good Mechanical Blueprint reading skills
- Good eye hand coordination
- Able to stand for extended period
Full time, permanent. Afternoon shift (2pm to 10pm)
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, employee recognition programs, and more.