Metal Dresser / Grinder – Afternoon Shift
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individuals to join our successful production team as a Metal Dresser/Grinder.
- Dress metal parts and remove surface imperfections
- Using pneumatic air tools for extended periods of time in a standing position to prepare various metal part for cosmetic paint finishes by body working
- Grinding and sanding to the desired finish class required by each customer
- Set up and operate dressing equipment and tools correctly, identify issues and fix or report them.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Operate equipment safety according to their intended use.
- Handle incoming and outgoing parts safety and with care to avoid damage or injury.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE as required.
Qualifications + Experience*
- High school
- Have over a year’s experience in metal fabrication / cosmetic grinding.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- A positive attitude and self motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Punctual and reliable
- Body work experience with cosmetic grinding is an asset.
- Must be able to work with power tools, angle grinders, sander drills.
- Good eye hand coordination
- Able to stand for extended period
Full time, permanent, afternoon shift (2pm to 10pm)
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, employee recognition programs, and more.