Machine Shop Helper
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, reliable, and hard-working individuals to join our successful production team as a Machine Shop Helper.
- Operate saw machine
- Identify issues with machining tools and equipment and either fix or report them.
- Thoroughly inspect parts and maintain quality (In-process Inspection Report)
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers to verify work.
- Meet deadlines, find solutions to fix problems
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE as required
Qualifications + Experience
- High school
- Machinist experience in a similar position.
- Machine shop experience in a precision sheet metal environment and knowledge with HAAS is an asset
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- A positive attitude and self motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Able to solve problems and make good decisions
- Punctual and reliable
Full time, permanent. Day shift (6am to 2pm)
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, employee recognition programs, and more.