A Wesgar Career
Join our team and reap the benefits. For over 50 years Wesgar has been offering career opportunities to those in our community who have an interest in precision sheet metal fabrication.
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. We’ve been in business since 1965, have satisfied over 1,000 customers, and pride ourselves on the vast amount of experience and skill our employees possess. When you become a member of our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals, you’ll be in good company serving our customers across North America. Our four acre/80,000 square foot plant is located in Port Coquitlam.
Diverse job opportunities
As a one-stop-shop for precision sheet metal fabrication, Wesgar offers rewarding career opportunities in the following areas:
Join our production team and build your career in precision sheet metal fabrication
Join Our Production Team
At Wesgar you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive wages with advancement opportunities
- Professional, structured, and friendly work environment
- Interesting and varied work gaining invaluable experience
- Learning new skills
- Employee profit sharing
- Short- and long-term disability
- Dental (for employees and dependents)
- Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee referral program (bonus for referring a new hire to Wesgar)
- Monthly surprise treats, pizza days, multicultural celebrations, annual flu shot clinic, and more
- Co-op opportunities for students interested in precision sheet metal fabrication industry
On-the-job training and advancement
At Wesgar we welcome experienced sheet metal specialists, or those new to the industry. Whether you are new or experienced, we offer training so you can enhance your skills.
If you’re new to the industry, we’ll work together to determine the right department to fit your skills and preferences. We provide on-the-job training and mentorship from experienced team leads.
We’ve cultivated a team culture that promotes from within whenever possible and rewards success—we’re here to support you.
Are you eligible to work at Wesgar?
To be eligible to work at Wesgar, you must:
- Have valid authorization to work in Canada
- Have basic oral and written English skills
- Have basic computer skills
- Possess an interest in learning sheet metal fabrication skills—previous experience is an asset
- Be physically capable of standing or walking for long periods of time
- Able and willing to lift up to 50lbs
- Willing to wear personal protection equipment (PPE) e.g., steel toed boots, high visibility vests, and safety glasses
- Willing to work rotating shifts when needed—Wesgar operates 24 hours per day, five days per week (24/5)
- Be prompt and have a positive attitude