As the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, Wesgar has a reputation for delivering an unparalleled service experience to every client.
At Wesgar, we believe our employees are the key component to producing quality products which in turn allows us to offer our customers with complete solutions.
An opportunity to join our growing team has become available and we are currently seeking an experienced Material Handler.
- Receiving, storing and allocation of raw materials/ sheet metal
- Moving of material, safety through the shop floor
- Organazing the storage of sheet metal, ensure safe storage of materials and surrounding area
- Assisting the machine operators, by providing them with the sheet metal for production processes
- Responsible for sorting, and organizing scrap metal
- Organize stock in the most efficient way using forklifts, pallets
- Operating a stand up counterbalance forklift
Qualifications + Experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Very organized
- Able to follow instructions
- Excellent housekeeping, maintaining a safe working environment
- Forklift ticket will be an asset
- May include operating various types of material handling equipment
- Experience using a narrow-aisle forklift
- Verbal comprehension
- Understand oral and written communications, both general and technical.
- Provide clear instructions/directions.
- Reasoning skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Time Management
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.