Welder TIG/MIG Metal Fabrication
Wesgar has immediate opportunities for welders. In this role, you will be responsible for welding various metals and sheet metal components using TIG and MIG welding machines and techniques in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Production welding of metal parts as directed by the coordinator and perform tasks as per the department processes
- Precision welding of metal parts using TIG or MIG welding machines and techniques
- Set up and operate welding machines correctly
- Identify machine issues and either fix or report them
- Following all first-off and in-process inspection procedures
Qualifications + Experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Have at least one year proven TIG and MIG welding experience, ideally in a precision sheet metal environment
- Possess good blueprint reading skills, able to follow instructions and mechanical drawings
- Have previous experience in a similar position is fundamental
- Have experience in structural welding is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Physically fit and able to lift 50lbs
- Team player, driven and committed to the success of the company
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.