As the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, Wesgar has a reputation for delivering an unparalleled service experience to every client.
At Wesgar, we believe our employees are the key component to producing quality products which in turn allows us to offer our customers with complete solutions.
An opportunity to join our growing team has become available and we are currently seeking an Junior Inspector.
- Perform first article, in-process and final inspections in welding & forming department
- Measure the dimensions and features of manufactured sheet metal parts to ensure conformance to our customer’s requirements
- Use of measuring equipment
- Identify quality issues and have them corrected by the appropriate work center
Qualifications + Experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Inspector 1 year (required)
- Technical knowledge and ability to read blueprints, drawings etc.
- Ability in using tools (e.g. calipers, manual and digital protractors, tape measures)
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- High school diploma; Higher degree from a technical school will be appreciate
- Able to correctly and accurately: measure parts using dial and digital calipers, measure angles using manual and digital protractors, use height gauges, tape measures and squares
- Very good written communication – send reports & information to customers
- Very good verbal communication – able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience measuring equipment is required
- Blueprint reading is required
- Good understanding of Windows-based computer systems
- Able to work without supervision and also as part of our inspection team
- Must be able to work day & afternoon shift
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.