As the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, Wesgar has a reputation for delivering an unparalleled service experience to every client.
At Wesgar, we believe our employees are the key component to producing quality products which in turn allows us to offer our customers with complete solutions. An opportunity to join our team has become available and we are currently seeking an Estimator.
The main function for this role is to thoroughly review customer drawings and specifications to prepare cost estimates and manufacturing methods for use by the sales team.
- Estimating including labour, equipment and material costs for jobs. This involves analyzing specifications and drawings and calculating costs utilizing established labour, equipment and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Analyzing all job specifications and search for the most cost-effective and efficient production technique
- Working with the Production staff to make changes in job methods that result in higher quality, lower costs and/or gains in efficiency
Qualifications + Experience
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and CAM software such as Tops
- Previous experience using ERP systems
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills – must be able to work well with customers, suppliers, management, and co-workers
- Must be detail-orientated, have excellent problem solving skills and able to multi-task
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.