An opportunity to join our growing team has become available, and we are currently seeking an Electro-mechanical Assembler.
- Under general guidance with limited supervision, the successful candidate will perform electro-mechanical assembly and other related assembly tasks as assigned.
- Follow moderately detailed assembly procedures and instructions while performing assigned tasks in compliance with quality workmanship and company standards.
- Use tools or operate power driven equipment to drill, rivet, insert parts or components, cut and shape components, crimp, connect wires, wire wrap, perform wiring and prepare wires. Wires may include shielded wires, and solder sleeve assemblies, and tasks may include strip, tin, twist and wire identification by tagging.
- Operate Go / No go test equipment.
- Install or assemble plates, gaskets, grommets, heatsinks, components, sub-assemblies, etc. using fasteners and/or adhesives.
- Perform basic part making, lacing, and making cable assemblies or wire harnesses.
- Operate caulking guns, etc.
- Mix adhesives, chemical solutions, potting and coating compounds in required precise proportions; clean and maintain containers, applicators and spray equipment in good working order.
- Building sub-assemblies
- Integration of system components
- Final assembly and inspection of products
- Report problems and rejections of first-off product to higher level operators or supervisors for correction.
- Observe all safety procedures and precautions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Upholding a safe and respectful work environment
- Ensuring our customers receive our best quality work
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow instructions both written and verbal
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and physical condition
- Can work independently and meet deadlines
- Physical stamina, able to stand for long periods of time
Full time, permanent—shift work required
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Wesgar is the largest producer of high-mix, low-volume custom precision sheet metal products in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Our team of over 210 fabrication specialists, engineers, metal technologists, and quality control professionals serve our customers across North America.
Wesgar provides employees with competitive wages and career advancement opportunities, an excellent working environment, great benefits, profit sharing, employee recognition programs, and more.