Wesgar Inc. is a premier supplier of precision sheet metal components and value-added services to customers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Wesgar prides itself on the workplace environment that it has fostered.
An opportunity to join our growing team has become available and we are currently seeking an experienced, professional and capable Turret Punch Press Operator. The position involves using FinnPower Turret Punch Presses to produce quality parts.
- Production and prototype punching of parts as directed by the Supervisor
- Leading by example – ensuring that all safety, work instructions, first-off inspection, and in-process inspection procedures are always followed correctly
- Reviewing and maintaining the condition of tooling on a regular basis, and recommending replacement or upgrades if needed
- Working with the Product Support Team to develop manufacturing methods or work instructions for new products if needed
- Setting up of tooling and presses, and performing first-off inspections on production jobs for Junior Operators if needed
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication
- 1-year experience setting up and operating a CNC Turret Punch Press
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understand of punching theory, tool selection criteria, metal characteristics, safety standards, and quality control
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to check and approve the first articles correctly
- Team player, driven and committed to the success of the company
- Strong organization and communication skills
Full training for set-up and operation of:
- FinnPower F6 Express - FinnPower Shear Genius- FinnPower C5
Wesgar provides employees with an awesome working environment, great benefits, paid vacations, profit sharing, employee recognition programs (company BBQs, employee referral bonus program, years of services award).
Thank you for all the resumes that we receive, however, we will only contact candidates that have been selected for an interview.