Wesgar Inc. is a premier supplier of precision sheet metal components and value-added services to customers throughout Canada, the United States and Mexico. We have grown to be British Columbia's largest precision sheet metal manufacturer, supplying the Electronics, Printing, Medical Device, Power Switching and Test/Measurement industries.
At Wesgar, we believe our employees are the key component to producing quality products which in turn allows us to offer our customers with complete solutions.
An opportunity to join our growing team has become available and we are currently seeking an experienced dresser.
- Dress metal parts and remove surface imperfections
- Using pneumatic air tools for extended periods of time in a standing position to prepare the various metal parts for cosmetic paint finishes by body working
- Grinding and sanding to the desired finish class required by each customer
- Set up and operate dressing equipment and tools correctly, identify issues and fix or report them.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Operate equipment safety according to their intended use.
- Handle incoming and outgoing parts safety and with care to avoid damage or injury.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE as required.
To be our successful candidate you would need to:
- High school
- Have over a year’s experience in metal fabrication / cosmetic grinding.
Qualifications and skills:
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- A positive attitude and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Punctual and reliable
- Bodywork experience with cosmetic grinding is an asset.
- Must be able to work with power tools, angle grinders, sander drills.
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Able to stand for an extended period
Wesgar provides employees with an awesome working environment, great benefits, paid vacations, profit sharing, employee recognition programs (company BBQs, employee referral bonus program, years of services award).
Please be aware that this is an afternoon position.
Thank you for all the resumes that we receive, however, we will only contact candidates that have been selected for an interview.